The main entrance is difficult to access, via a stairway. The alternative entrance involves a steep ramp (gradient of more than 12%), and the most immediate surroundings (Carrer Rocabertí) are also difficult in terms of accessibility. For museum staff to open the door, call reception at 972 203 834. It is advisable to come with a carer/companion.
Given that it is a historical building, the old Episcopal Palace is only partially accessible:
· First floor: all rooms are accessible except 9 and 10 (16th century, involving steps higher than 5 cm each).
· Second floor: mostly accessible. The prison is not accessible, nor is the Sala Monográfica.
· Third and fourth floors: accessible.
· Area 3 - Temporary exhibitions: Only the first room is accessible via the lift in front of the ticket office.
· Educational rooms (school groups) are accessible, albeit potentially difficult (1 step, higher than 5 cm).
Wheelchair-adapted ticket office; two counter heights.
Following the tour presents no difficulties; objects are exposed at an appropriate height.
Two medium-sized, wheelchair-accessible lifts: one leads to the tower's different floors, where the permanent exhibition is set up, while the other one links the ground floor, first floor and temporary exhibition area.
Unisex, wheelchair-accessible toilets in the first-floor lobby.
Free wheelchair lending service for people. Rest areas throughout the tour.
Discounted, €3.5 entry fare for persons holding a disability card, and for one carer/companion.
Surroundings: Located on the high side of the Barri Vell (Old Quarter), among irregular cobblestone streets. Considerable slopes. Difficult access.
Nearest free, wheelchair-accessible car park: 3 parking bays at Plaça dels Apòstols, next to the main entrance.
Nearest bus stop: L7 Plaça Sant Domènec, 180m away (not wheelchair-accessible). R. There is not wheelchair-accessible bus stop in the surroundings.
Taxi: Taxis stop in front of the museum