Courtyard of the museum with the cloister fragment or fountain.
Between the years 1753 and 1762, the Capuchin friars built a wide retaining wall to overcome the steep drop between the higher Carrer de la Força and the much lower Carrer Ballesteries. They used the open space on top of the wall as a raised courtyard and kitchen garden. In 1991, what is probably the fountain of a late Romanesque cloister (13th century) was placed here. The fountain, made of limestone with nummulite fossils and of unknown provenance, had previously stood outside the monastery of Sant Domènec in Girona during most of the 20th century.